Baker Consultants is seeking to expand its team of consultants to help deliver our project work throughout the country. We require a confident field surveyor able to work with or without supervision in a range of environments and contribute to reporting as required by the project manager.
We are also seeking an ecologist with expertise or an interest in GIS, mobile data collection, UAVs and image analysis to support and help expand our capabilities in spatial data analysis and remote sensing.
Anti-social hours are an expected aspect of this role.
- Assist in carrying out field and office work on individual contracts as indicated by the project manager. This will include direct execution of work to a high level of competence and accuracy including fieldwork and data collation.
- Work in line with the company’s policies and procedures including H&S, lone working, biosecurity, deployment and care of equipment.
- Maintain and improve your skills and knowledge base as part of continuing professional development.
You should have at least two years experience as a professional ecologist, with the technical knowledge to be able to deliver some surveys using best-practice techniques. Be able to write up field records to a high standard and have an ability to undertake basic reporting writing. An understanding of wildlife legislation is desirable.
You must be at least a graduate member of CIEEM and motivated to expand your knowledge and skills base through CPD and ‘skill sharing’ with colleagues. You will have the opportunity to develop a specialism during your career at Baker Consultants.
You will need to be self-motivated, flexible and reliable with an understanding of the professionalism required when dealing with clients whether verbally or in writing.
A full valid driving license and regular access to a car
Terms and Benefits:
- Full (or part-time by agreement)
- Reporting to Technical Director, Carlos Abrahams
- Salary commensurate with experience
- 25 days (or pro-rata) holiday + TOIL
Applications via CV and covering letter to email@example.com.